Think no one would find out about your weekend MIP arrest? Think again
Boulder Police Department Blotter
- Officers arrested a 27-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman, both of Golden, after investigation during a traffic stop led to the discovery of what is allegedly cocaine. The woman was arrested for possession of a schedule II controlled substance. The man was arrested for that offense, as well as possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. According to Title 18 of the Colorado Criminal Code, a schedule II controlled substance has a high potential for abuse, is currently accepted for use in medical treatment in the United States and may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence. Schedule II substances are the second-most punishable upon a possession conviction.
- Officers took a report of sexual assault that may have occurred in a vehicle near 20th Street and Baseline Road. The suspect is known to the victim, and the case is under investigation.
- Officers took a report of theft and motor vehicle theft from the East Boulder Recreation Center, 5660 Sioux Dr. Three suspects were later apprehended by the Longmont Police Department in a separate case and detectives were able to connect them to this theft. Boulder’s charges include aggravated motor vehicle theft and theft against a 17-year-old male, and complicity on those two charges for a 23-year-old man and an 18-year-old man. The stolen vehicle was later located in the 2800 block of Baseline Road. According to Boulder police spokeswoman Julie Brooks, officers were contacted by the Longmont Police Department after the three suspects were arrested there. Brooks was not informed as to why the three suspects were initially arrested.
- A 22-year-old Boulder man was arrested for disorderly conduct after causing a disturbance with a spring-activated replica of a Walther P99. The replica appears to fire a BB-type projectile. Officers were in the area of the 700 block of 18th Street when they heard screaming and then saw a man run from a house with a pistol in his hand. After making the arrest, officers found no witnesses indicating they had been threatened with the gun. While trying to determine the facts in the case, officers attempted to contact several other men near the area. One of the men, a 20-year-old Aurora man, attempted to run and tried to physically run over one of the officers. He was apprehended after a short struggle and charged with third-degree assault, resisting arrest and obstructing a police officer. Brooks said the man tried to run through the officer because a narrow path between them did not allow the man to run around the officer.
- Officers are investigating the third degree-assault and harassment of a 21-year-old man after an altercation between some pedestrians and the occupants of a vehicle in the 700 block of 18th Street. Officers were able to contact the vehicle involved, but the driver fled on foot. This case is still under investigation.
- A 25-year-old man was arrested for physical harassment and obstructing a police officer after officers were called to the 800 block of University Avenue on a report of a loud party.
- A 52-year-old woman was arrested for reckless endangerment and felony criminal mischief after officers were called to her apartment in the 2900 block of Bixby Lane by a maintenance man who found bullet holes in her sliding glass door. Further investigation found that the shots had been fired sometime between 9 p.m. and midnight on Friday, March 2. A weapon was taken from the residence.
- Officers were in the area of the 29th Street Mall on a call when they heard screaming and a loud crash coming from the Purple Martini bar. They were informed that a bouncer had been assaulted, and there was an increasingly hostile crowd. A 23-year-old man was arrested for obstructing a police officer and resisting arrest; a 26-year-old man was arrested for brawling and obstructing a police officer; and a 26 year-old man was arrested for obstructing a police officer, resisting arrest, use of fighting words and trespassing.
- A 35-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence related felony menacing, third-degree assault, harassment and criminal mischief after officers were called to the 3000 block of Madison Avenue on a report of a disturbance. Brooks said officers were dispatched on a disturbance call and then spoke to the victim, which led to the arrest.
- Nathan Robinson (DOB 12/29/1960) was issued a summons for possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in public after being contacted at the UMC. Robinson was in the bookstore harassing employees. Officers found wine in his water bottle. Robinson is not believed to be a student.
- Ross M. Edwards (DOB 3/16/1984) was arrested for DUI-drugs, DUI per se, no proof of insurance, reckless driving, disregarded traffic control device, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and speeding. An officer was sitting in his patrol unit on the south side of Folsom Field when alerted by a car speeding eastbound on Colorado Avenue. The officer pulled the vehicle over, and arrested Edwards for the above offenses.