Dan Fatigato – Sports Editor – last week: 9-2, overall: 24-6
Clemson 31, Va. Tech 14 – I can’t pick against the Tigers again. They’re on a rampage to the ACC title.
Texas 52, Texas Tech 17 – Longhorns got a scare last week, but will have no problem reloading against the only team to lose to CU this year.
Mizzou 17, Oklahoma 14 – Will the Sooners be able to run the ball on the road without Adrian Peterson? Not against this defense.
BUFFS 20, Kansas 13 – At last I pick CU to win, and for Dan Hawkins to tie Ricardo Patton’s career mark for wins over Kansas.
Florida 30, Georgia 13 – It pains me to pick the hated Gators, but the Dawgs really aren’t good.
Nebraska 27, OK State 7 – Bugeaters surprised me last week, as they should’ve beaten Texas. The Cowboys will get tossed from the horse again this week.
Georgia Tech 34, Miami 17 – Reggie Ball and Calvin Johnson will rebound in a big way, while the Convicts’ back-from-suspension brawlers won’t make a difference.
Texas A&M 35, Baylor 7 – Not much to say here, the Aggies are just better.
Tennessee 45, South Carolina 17 – Mark it down: The Vols are winning the SEC this year.
Florida State 26, Maryland 17 – ‘Noles avoid going into season’s final dadgum month with just a .500 dadgum record for Bobby Bowden. In his 31 years at the helm, Bowden’s never gone into a dadgum November without a dadgum winning record.
New Mexico 20, CSU 0 – My only hope is Cam the Ram also gets trampled and killed by NFL-bound lineman Robert Turner, who went to my high school.
Iowa St. 21, Kansas St. 10 -Two future CU opponents square off. The Buffs will lose to ISU but beat KSU, so it only makes sense.
Stirling Wade – Sports writer – last week: 9-2, overall: 19-11
Clemson 31, VT 21 – Did you see the moves that CJ Spiller put on those two GT defenders last week? That freshman is scary good.
BUFFS 24, Kansas 21 – Go figure. The week after I start doing quotes of the week from Dan Hawkins, he gives me nothing to work with.
Texas 56, Texas Tech 24 – Redshirt freshman Colt McCoy has completed 67 percent of his passes and thrown 20 TDs to 3 picks. So much for missing Vince Young.
Mizzou 24, OU 17 – If CU’s offense could have moved the ball at all, OU wouldn’t have scored 24 points. Mizzou can move the ball.
Florida 31, UGA 14 – Georgia coach Mark Richt has rotated more QB’s this year than Big O does tires.
Nebraska 31, OK. State 30 – Nebraska bounces back after coughing one up against Texas.
Miami 21, GT 20 – It will take GT more than one week to recover from that beating at the hands of Clemson last weekend.
Texas A&M 31, Baylor 27 – This will be the biggest football game in Baylor since… since… OK, can I get some help?
Tennessee 35, South Carolina 21 – Tennessee’s offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe will be a head coach somewhere next season. He has revitalized UT.
FSU 21, Maryland 14 – The ‘Noles salvage some pride against the Terps.
CSU 24, New Mexico 13 – I’m not sure why this game is on here but I’ll take the Rams.
Iowa St. 24, Kansas St. 21 – Long first year for Ron Prince. Sounds like a coach around here.
Dorian Lawson – Sports writer – last week: 8-3, overall: 8-3
(10) Clemson 28, Virginia Tech 17 – Clemson rocks. Only loss was by one, and a good rushing duo.
BUFFS 20, Kansas 7 – It’s time again. Thank god for the Big 12 north, we could start winning.
(5) Texas 37, Texas Tech 10 – The Texas football machine will roll over them.
(23) Mizzou 24, (19) Oklahoma 21 – Should be a good game, have to go with the home team.
(9) Florida 19, Georgia 3 – Usually a tough road game for the Gators, but they won at Tennessee this year.
(20) Nebraska 30, Oklahoma State 13 – Hate to pick them, but we’ll save their next loss for when the Buffs visit. They’ll be hungry after last week.
(22) Texas A&M 24, Baylor 7 – I don’t see Baylor passing like they’re used to in this one.
South Carolina 17, Tennessee 14 – One of the unranked teams on this list is going to win, and Spurrier has been winning games he’s not supposed to left and right since his return.
Florida State 33, Maryland 28 – Weatherford needs to recover from his game-losing interception last week.
New Mexico 67, Colorado State 0 – Who knows, one can hope.
Kansas St. 24, Iowa St. 17 – A nice preview of what the Buffs have waiting for them. K-State’s offense is pretty hit or miss, we’ll see.
Kyle McDaniel – Sports writer – last week: 10-1, overall: 23-7
Clemson 29, Virginia Tech 10 – Clemson is a great team.
BUFFS 17, Kansas 10 – I think the Buffs can take this one on the road in Kansas.
Texas 28, Texas Tech 17 – Texas barely won last week, but they should win this game hands down.
Mizzou 28, Oklahoma 21 – This is my upset of the week.
Florida 21, Georgia 10 – Florida’s got this one.
Nebraska 21, Oklahoma State 7 – I can’t believe I am picking Nebraska. It won’t happen again, I promise.
Georgia Tech 28, Miami 10 – Miami starts a rumble at the end of the game after getting run over by Georgia Tech.
Texas A&M 21, Baylor 10 – Texas A&M will win this.
Tennessee 20, South Carolina 10 – Tennessee is a way better team than South Carolina.
Florida State 17, Maryland 10 – Florida State wins, but this is not a big game victory.
New Mexico 14, Colorado State 10 – If you can’t win a small football game, then you play for state.
Iowa State 21, Kansas State 17 – I like Iowa State in this one
Scott Lasher – Football Beat writer – last week: 9-2, overall: 19-11
10) Clemson 30, Virginia Tech 19 – Clemson is on a rampage through the ACC and the Hokies are in no place to stop them.
BUFFS 20, Kansas 17 – The Buffs’ march to the BCS starts here. Yeah, I said it.
(5) Texas 40, Texas Tech 20 – Isn’t it funny how the Red Raiders fans “Guns” salute just points two “L’s” right back at themselves? Losers.
(23) Mizzou 24, (19) Oklahoma 21 – No Adrian Peterson = no win.
(9) Florida 35, Georgia 17 – The Bulldogs have underachieved pretty miserably this season since the Buffs shook their confidence. They don’t stand a chance in The Swamp.
(20) Nebraska 30, Oklahoma State 10 – The Men of Corn nearly shoved a cob right into the Longhorns ear last Saturday. Sure, they lost, but their confidence has to be taller than all those stalks they have out there.
(21) Georgia Tech 60, Miami 0 – Rather than a having a bench clearing brawl, the Hurricanes organize a “Thugs Anonymous” session at midfield and forget to play the game. Tech romps as a result.
Baylor 31, (22) Texas A&M 24 – The Aggies had some major struggles with Texas Tech, who runs a similar offense to Baylor. Plus, the Bears are at home. This one just reeks of upset.
(8)Tennessee 56, South Carolina 20 – Even the Ol’ Ball Coach doesn’t have enough tricks up his sleeve to stop the Volunteers, who proved they can win the close ones, like they did last week against ‘Bama.
Florida State 12, Maryland 10 – How far have the Seminoles fallen? Wow.
New Mexico 33, Colorado State 20 – They may have beaten CU, but the Rammies high horse is turning over in its grave after losing to Wyoming and New Mexico.
Iowa St. 17, Kansas St. 10 – The Cyclones ought to tornado through this one but K-State will keep it closer than most folks might think.
Katie Hearsum – Sports writer – last week: 6-4, overall: 12-8
(10) Clemson 38, Virginia Tech 20 – The Tigers will continue their winning streak this week with their 7th straight victory this season.
BUFFS 17, Kansas 10 – They Buffs should be able to pull off their second win of the season in this game.
(5) Texas 34, Texas Tech 10 – Even with a slew of injuries the Longhorns will dominate this in-state battle
(19) Oklahoma 13, (23) Mizzou 21 – The high-powered Tiger offense could prove to be too much for the Sooners, who will struggle on offense without Adrian Peterson.
(9) Florida 28, UGA 17 – Chris Leak should bounce back after a disappointing game against Auburn two weeks ago.
(20) Nebraska 31, Oklahoma State 14 – After a heartbreaking loss last week, Nebraska will be climb back in the saddle in Cowboy country
Miami 27, (21) Georgia Tech – 21 – With Miami’s suspended players back in action for the first time, look for the Hurricanes to storm the Yellow Jackets.
(22) Texas A&M 35, Baylor 21 – The Aggies’ running game should be too powerful in this Big 12 North showdown.
Tennessee 31, South Carolina 7 – Tennessee will avenge last year’s loss to the gamecocks in convincing fashion.
Florida State 21, Maryland 13 – The Seminoles season has been disappointing thus far, but look for FSU to get back in the win column with a victory over the Terps.
New Mexico 34, Colorado State 30 – CSU’s two-game losing streak and New Mexico’s two-game winning streak should continue respectively.
Kansas St. 35, Iowa St. 20 – This wont be the week that the Cyclones get their first win in the Big 12.
Brian Beer – Sports writer – overall: 13-5
Clemson 27, VT 20 – Despite home field advantage, Tigers offense too much for VT to handle.
Kansas 19, BUFFS 10 – Defense keeps it close, but offensive woes continue to be the Achilles heel for Buffs.
Texas 31, Texas Tech 27 – Longhorns stay undefeated in Big 12 in intense conference game in Lubbock.
Missouri 35, Oklahoma 28 – With first place on the line, Missouri exploits depleted OU running game to come away with the victory.
Florida 24, Georgia 10 – Chris Leak rebounds from Auburn disaster to help Gators restore SEC East dominance.
Nebraska 30, OK State 14 – Huskers bounce back from Texas letdown to bury Oklahoma State.
Georgia Tech 22, Miami 10 – Miami squanders opportunity to take division lead in critical ACC showdown.
Texas A&M 35, Baylor 34 – Aggies pull out another close win as they hit the stretch run for their Big 12 Conference championship run.
Tennessee 21, South Carolina 20 – Spurrier keeps South Carolina in the game, but Volunteers stay in top-10 with key SEC victory.
Maryland 26, FSU 20 – Weatherford not enough to rally Seminoles in hostile College Park.
CSU 14, New Mexico 10 – Rams sneak by Lobos in defensive struggle.
Iowa State 24, Kansas State 14 – Hawkeyes passing game secures first Iowa State conference win in Big 12 showdown.