CUPD investigates possible gas leak in Sewall Hall
Sewall Hall was temporarily evacuated late Monday after emergency personnel responded to a false alarm.
CU Police Cmdr. Brad Wiesley said a student smelled the odor of natural gas and pulled a fire alarm. Following the evacuation, the fire department arrived and searched Sewall but found nothing wrong. The students were allowed to re-enter the building after a short time outside.
Wiesley said that in gas-related incidents, the odor is usually gone by the time emergency personnel arrive.