CUPD, Boulder Police blotters paint wild picture of Boulder’s criminal underworld
Boulder PD has been handling many cases for drug possession, the increased amount of cases has worried officials around the city and the have started planning anti drug campaigns. For those unfortunately involved any any illegal activity with drugs, you may want to seek legal advice from a drug possession attorney.
- A 44-year-old Boulder man was arrested on suspicion of felony theft and possession of a schedule I and possession of a schedule II controlled substance after officers were flagged down at 13th Street and Pennsylvania and were told that a theft that had just occurred at Full Cycle Bikes, 1211 13th St. Officers found what they believed to be heroin and cocaine during the arrest.
- A 30-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of hindering transportation, obstructing a police officer, resisting arrest and second-degree assault on an officer after police were called to the area of 14th and Walnut streets on a disturbance at RTD. The woman became combative with officers as they attempted to investigate the incident and is accused of biting an officer on the arm during the disturbance.
- Officers took a report of a possible felony menacing that occurred in the area of 55th Street and Baseline Road. The victim reported that a man in a silver SUV pointed a handgun at him following a traffic altercation between him and the other driver. The suspect driver is described as a white male in his mid to late 30s, with a bald head. He was reported to be wearing a blue button-up shirt at the time of the incident.
- A 23-year-old Colorado Springs man was arrested on suspicion of two counts each of possession of a schedule I controlled substance and possession of a schedule I controlled substance with the intent to distribute; one count each of possession of a schedule II controlled substance, possession of a schedule II controlled substance with the intent to distribute, criminal impersonation and a traffic warrant after he was contacted for a traffic violation. Officers found what they suspected was heroin and cocaine inside the vehicle.
- A 46-year-old Boulder man was arrested on suspicion of two counts each of first-degree assault and possession of drug paraphernalia, and one count each of resisting arrest and possession of not more than one ounce of marijuana after officers were flagged down in the area of 24th and Spruce streets and told of a possible assault. As the officer approached the area identified by a witness, he observed a bloodied male sitting on the ground and another man standing nearby, who then fled when the officer announced himself. He was later apprehended. Two assault victims were located at the original scene and both were transported to the hospital with head injuries. The investigation into this case and what led to the assaults is continuing.
CU Police Department March 19
- A hit-and-run accident in Lot 609. Minor damage to the front panel of an unattended vehicle was reported. There were no injuries, and there are no suspects.
- CU student Rachel T. Overton (dob 3/17/87) was issued a summons for theft after being contacted for shoplifting at the UMC Bookstore. A loss prevention employee at the bookstore observed the party stealing a green button-up shirt through the surveillance system. The shirt was appraised at $46.
- An attempted burglary and theft from the Ekeley Chemistry building was reported. A professor left the door to his office open when he left. Upon his return, he saw a man standing outside of his office holding his laptop computer. The male let go of the computer, and a graduate assistant tried to apprehend the suspect, who then fled the scene. Police are investigating this case.
- An incident of theft by receiving was reported. Police recovered some stolen bike frames near the Boulder Creek, verifying that at least one of them had been stolen. Police have suspect information and are investigating the case.