Dan Fatigato – Sports Editor – last week: 9-1, overall: 15-4
(20) Oklahoma 21, BUFFS 17 – Even with Adrian Peterson out, the Sooners will beat CU in a nail-biter. The Buffs WILL make strides and gain confidence from this one.
(5) Texas 41, (17) Nebraska 20 – The Longhorns are rolling, the Bugeaters are overrated. It all adds up to a rout and many tears in the cornfields.
(2) Michigan 27, Iowa 20 – Hawkeyes will keep it surprisingly close, but Michigan continues on its undefeated collision course with Ohio State.
(7) Tennessee 34, Alabama 17 – Last season’s 6-3 loss to rival Tide has Vols thinking revenge. Tennessee’s year of redemption continues.
(10) Notre Dame 38, UCLA 14 – Under the Golden Dome, the Irish roll over hurting Bruins.
(13) Georgia Tech 34, (12) Clemson 31 – This will be the game of the week, as Clemson will ultimately struggle with the versatility of QB Reggie Ball and the tremendous ability of WR Calvin Johnson. This could go to OT.
(19) Rutgers 20, Pittsburgh 17 – Rutgers continues on its magic carpet ride, at least until they face Louisville and West Virginia.
Florida State 31, (22) Boston College 17 – Seminoles are too proud to lose another one in Tallahassee and this win will save what’s left of their disappointing season.
(21) Wisconsin 40, Purdue 21 – The Badgers will roll over Purdue to take a firm handle of the No. 3 spot in the Big 10.
(23 Texas A&M 23, Oklahoma State 7 – Cowboys look good on paper, but haven’t played anyone. Aggies keep rolling after beating up on Chase Daniel and Mizzou.
Miami 24, Duke 3 – The gangstas versus the scholars turns ugly, as ‘Canes decide to fistfight another team that shouldn’t even be on their radar. As they say in Miami, when you can’t beat the big boys, beat up the little ones.
Stirling Wade – Sports Writer – last week: 6-4, overall: 10-9
OU 20, BUFFS 14. I’m going to stop explaining who I pick in CU’s game. I am just going to give a Dan Hawkins quote of the week: when asked about facing OU’s defense, “Well, it kind of reminds me of when I went swimming with the sharks in South Africa, it is scary.”
Texas 31, Nebraska 21. Look at it this way. The Longhorns players won’t be distracted by all of the “gorgeous” cheerleaders of Nebraska.
Michigan 27, Iowa 14. The Hawkeyes lost in front of 31,392 fans last week at Indiana. They get the honor of losing in front of more than 110,000 fans at the Big House this week.
Tennessee 30, Alabama 21. Tennessee players will wear a decal on their helmets in honor of two teammates who are out for the season due to injury. I wonder if the University of Miami players will do the same for their suspended teammates this weekend against Duke? Better print some small decals.
Notre Dame 28, UCLA 23. Charlie Weiss just got bigger. Wait…he just got bigger.
Clemson 17, GT 14. Clemson has won over 75% of their homecoming games. That means nothing but I’m picking the Tigers nonetheless.
Pitt 24, Rutgers 17. Neither team has played anybody of note. Pitt QB Tyler Palko leads all Division I QB’s in passing efficiency.
Florida State 24, Boston College 23. Does anyone know what Bobby Bowden does on the sideline during the game?
Wisconsin 31, Purdue 24. I don’t have anything to say, and that is unusual.
Texas A&M 42, Oklahoma State 31. The Cowboys have given up 33 ppg in last three games. They give up nine more this week.
Miami scout team 99, Duke varsity 2. In good sportsmanship, Miami takes a safety at the end of the game and the two teams hug at midfield.
Kyle McDaniel – Sports Writer – last week: 7-3, overall: 13-6
Oklahoma 24, BUFFS 13- The Buffs gained some confidence last weekend, but they won’t be able to carry the momentum.
Texas 35, Nebraska 28- It’s going to be a shoot-out, but McCoy will lead Texas past Nebraska; plus, I can’t stand Nebraska.
Michigan 28, Iowa 17- Michigan wants to be undefeated for its match-up against Ohio State in November. That’s enough incentive to play well.
Tennessee 28, Alabama 17- Tennessee has the best offense in the conference, and I don’t think Alabama will be able to keep pace.
Notre Dame 28, UCLA 20- Quinn is the best QB in college football. UCLA is coming off a big loss. I’ll take the Fighting Irish.
Clemson 35, Georgia Tech 20- Clemson is on a roll, and I can’t pick against them.
Pittsburgh 17, Rutgers 14- I think Pitt will pull off the upset. They have the talent on both offense and defense to do so.
Boston College 28, Florida State 21- Florida State has had too many injuries to turn things around.
Wisconsin 28, Purdue 20- Wisconsin has a great team. They should take this one in a close game.
Texas A&M 28, Oklahoma State 14- Following a big win against Mizzou, Texas A&M should beat OSU.
Miami 28, Duke 13- This one is too easy to poke fun of, so I won’t say anything.
Scott Lasher – Football beat writer – last week: 6-4, overall: 10-9
(20) Oklahoma 24, Buffs 17- Hey look at the bright side: the Buffs will have been on their longest winning streak of the season. After all, it had to end sometime.
(5) Texas 27, (17) Nebraska 17- Corn cobs are apparently a popular snack among the Longhorn community. Explains a lot, doesn’t it?
(2) Michigan 30, Iowa 13- Drew Tate’s Halloween costume-a diaper and rattle.
(7) Tennessee 35, Alabama 3- Any Volunteers to clean up this massacre?
(10) Notre Dame 31, UCLA 23- Oh those tricky Irish. Somehow they will still get a BCS bowl even after losing to MSU.
(13) Georgia Tech 24, (12) Clemson 20-The Tigers had a good run but Calvin Johnson is a monster.
(19) Rutgers 33, Pittsburgh 23- Rutgers still undefeated? Are pigs flying now, too?
(22) Boston College 3, Florida State 2- This one has the makings of a low scoring affair, so get your popcorn ready. Or not.
Purdue 24, (21) Wisconsin 20- The Badgers are good, but they aren’t that good. Purdue will take it in something of an upset.
(23 Texas A&M 25, Oklahoma State 0- Aggies are looking like a contender in the Big 12. If they can hold the ship together, the day-after-Thanksgiving match up with Texas could be for the Big 12 South.
Miami 10, Duke 7- Miami, upset that Duke took away some of their “thug image” with the whole lacrosse team rape scandal, decided to go on a rampage last week to show Duke who is boss. Nothing but hugs from thug to thug after this one though.
Katie Hearsum – Sports writer – last week: 6-4, overall: 6-4
(20) Oklahoma 20, BUFFS 13- The Sooners should be able to stop the Buffs momentum even without their star running back Adrian Peterson.
(5) Texas 35, (17) Nebraska 21- Nebraska wont be able to stop Texas’ impressive Freshman QB Colt McCoy.
Iowa 27, (2) Michigan – 24- Could Michigan already be looking ahead to the showdown at Ohio State. Look for a close game with Iowa pulling off the biggest upset of the year.
(7) Tennessee 31, Alabama 16- Tennessee’s high-powered offense should be too much in this SEC showdown
(10) Notre Dame 42, UCLA 17: Brady Quinn will keep his Heisman hopes alive.
(13) Georgia Tech – 17 @ (12) Clemson – 16: A crucial ACC battle could go either way and shouldn’t be determined until the final whistle.
Pittsburgh 31, (19) Rutgers 10- Rutgers dream season will come to an end this weekend courtesy of Pitt’s 20th ranked offense.
Florida State 17, (22) Boston College 6- The Eagles will have problems with FSU if their starting QB Matt Ryan is unable to play due to injury.
(21) Wisconsin 28, Purdue 20- Wisconsin’s running game should overpower the Boilermakers.
(23) Texas A&M 20, Oklahoma State 13- The Aggies will give the Cowboys one heck of a ride en route to victory.
Dorian Lawson – Sports writer
(20) Oklahoma 30, BUFFS 10- We’re definitely not better than them, and being on TV might scare us a bit
(5) Texas 24, (17) Nebraska 21- The Huskers are good but just not on the top tier, as the USC game showed
(2) Michigan 35, Iowa 17- Because they’re that good, but it feels like a mistake that Iowa is no longer ranked
Alabama 27, (7) Tennessee 24 – The SEC is notorious for upsets like this
(10) Notre Dame 31, UCLA 7 -The passing game and being at home is more than enough for the Irish in this one
(12) Clemson21, (13) Georgia Tech 17 – Georgia Tech might be a little overrated in a sub-par ACC this year
Pittsburgh 24, (19) Rutgers 14 – The accuracy of Pitt QB Palko will make a difference
Florida State 30, (22) Boston College 24 – Playing down south is never easy and they’re always a tough team.
(21) Wisconsin 21, Purdue 7 – Purdue has a good record, but now they have a string of Big 10 games that should knock them down a bit
(23) Texas A&M beats Oklahoma State – A good win last week should keep the Aggies rolling through
Miami 28, Duke 7 – Miami may be bad but Duke hasn’t won a game and their leading rusher has 158 yards.