CU and Boulder PD find drugs and search for cars and bikes
- A 20-year-old Broomfield man was arrested on suspicion of burglary and possession of a controlled substance after officers were called to a burglary in progress in the 1200 block of College Avenue. Three residents at the apartment detained the suspect after finding him in their apartment. This case is still under investigation.
- Officers took a report of a burglary to several office suites in the 3300 block of Iris Avenue. Laptops and a credit card were reported missing. This case is under investigation.
- Officers took a report of a motor vehicle theft from Avis Rent-a-Car. They reported that a vehicle had been rented at the end of February and has not been returned, despite repeated attempts to contact the renter. They are missing a green 2006 Dodge Caravan. Officers have leads, and the case is under investigation.
- A lime-green bicycle with a black seat was reported stolen from the bike racks at Sewall Hall. The owner locked the bike with a combination lock on March 27 and found it missing on April 2.
- A cellular phone was reported stolen from the Muenzinger Psychology building. A person was cleaning the windows of the building and plugged the phone into a wall outlet where he was working. He returned to the area 15 minutes later and found the phone missing.
- Criminal trespass, criminal mischief and theft from a vehicle parked in a lot at the CU South Campus were reported. An officer was called to the area on a report of criminal trespass and found a vehicle up on jack stands, its tires and wheels missing. The owner was contacted, and said that the vehicle had been parked and locked in the area on April 3. CDs and other personal belongings were also stolen from the vehicle, a gold Dodge Intrepid.
- CU student Christopher M. Velazquez, 18, was issued a summons for possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana. CU student Adrian M. Flynt, also 18, was issued a summons for possession of drug paraphernalia. Both males were contacted at the Stearns East dorm. Officers were walking through the dormitory area when they smelled a strong odor of burnt marijuana emanating from one of the rooms. The officers confiscated a small bag of marijuana, three pipes, a water bong, rolling papers and a grinder.