Contact CU Independent Head Sports Editor Justin Guerriero at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @TheHungry_Hippo.
The University of Colorado football team will hold its annual walk-on tryouts Friday, Aug. 19 in the Champions Center Conference Room in Folsom Field.
The meeting will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. in room 319 of the Champions Center. Walk-on hopefuls must first contact Adam Toyama, the team’s director of recruiting, in order to be placed on the tryout list.
Also bring with you:
- Paperwork detailing a physical examination by your doctor within the last six months
- Sickle Cell Blood Test result (NCAA Requirement)
- A copy of your Fall 2016 class schedule
- A copy of your cumulative GPA at CU
- A copy of medical insurance information
All potential walk-ons must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours for the fall 2016 semester at CU.
In the past, some walk-ons made big impacts for the University of Colorado. Quarterback Joel Klatt, a walk-on in 2002, went on to start the next three seasons at QB for the Buffs, playing 39 games at the position and tossing 46 touchdowns.
Safety Ryan Moeller, who is expected to snag the starting free safety position for the Buffs this fall, walked on to the program as a freshman in 2013. He played in all 12 of the Buffs’ games in 2014, and had started seven straight games at free safety in 2015 before an injury sidelined him for the rest of the season.
So for all you football hopefuls, channel your inner Rudy and go give it a shot.
It is mandatory to contact Toyama before the 19th to be considered for a walk-on tryout. Send him an email at Adam.Toyama@colorado.edu and include in the message:
- The position you will try out for
- Your date of birth
- Your phone number
- Your high school and graduation year
- Your term and year of first full-time semester at college