Boulder PD Blotter
* Officers took a report of a third-degree burglary at a car wash located at 5763 Arapahoe Ave.
* Officers recovered a stolen vehicle from the 100 block of Clematis Drive. The 1996 Chevy Astro van had been reported stolen from 12th Street and Euclid Avenue on Feb. 22.
* Officers took a second-degree burglary report from residents in the 3300 block of Loyola Court, who returned home and discovered that someone had apparently had a party at their residence. The case is under investigation.
* A 46-year-old woman was booked and released from the Boulder County Jail on charges of child abuse stemming from an incident reported on Feb. 2 at Flatirons Elementary School, 1150 7th St. The woman was employed as a para-professional at the school at the time of the incident. According to Boulder Police spokeswoman Julie Brooks, police were dispatched to the school on a report of this para-professional striking a student in the head during a classroom session. The incident was reported by a third party.
* A 36-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting after he was accused of stealing a CD player from Walgreens, 1830 30th St. The man was also jailed for violating a protection order.
* Officers also made several warrant arrests throughout the day and evening.
* A 47-year-old Boulder woman was arrested for felony criminal mischief, obstructing traffic and resisting arrest after police were dispatched to a woman in the roadway at 28th Street and Iris Avenue. She ran from police when they tried to contact her. After she was apprehended, she kicked out the window in the rear door of the police car.
* A 34-year-old Boulder man was arrested for brawling after a fight at the Boulder University Inn, 1632 Broadway.
* A 24-year-old Boulder man was arrested for criminal attempted fraud and deceit to obtain prescription drugs. Officers believe the man lied to obtain a replacement prescription, which he tried to fill on Feb. 23 at Safeway, 4800 Baseline Rd.
* A 59-year-old Boulder man was arrested for false reporting of explosives, a class 6 felony, after police responded to a 911 call made by the man from the library, wherein he indicated that a bomb might be planted at the police department. When contacted, the man was apparently intoxicated and was uncooperative with police. According to Boulder Police spokeswoman Julie Brooks, the man had called police from the main branch, 1000 Canyon Blvd. Brooks could not say if the man had a previous record of this sort of activity. “(Boulder) certainly gets a fair share of bomb threats,” Brooks said.
* A 24-year-old Boulder man was arrested for two counts of third-degree assault, resisting arrest and obstructing a peace officer after officers observed an altercation near 13th and Pleasant streets. The man ran from officers when they tried to contact him, but was quickly apprehended.
* Officers handled a fight between two juveniles in the 300 block of Holly Berry Lane. One juvenile was arrested for third-degree assault. The other juvenile is still at large. Officers are continuing their investigation.
* Officers handled numerous accidents as a result of the weather. The accidents included a four-car accident on Highway 157 just north of Valmont Road, a rollover accident in the 5700 block of Arapahoe, and a car that ran into a light pole at 28th Street and Colorado Avenue. The pole landed in the roadway and blocked two lanes of traffic for some time. There were no major injuries in any of the accidents.
* A 51-year-old Boulder man was arrested for felony menacing and unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon after officers responded to a report of a man with a knife at Thunderbird Burgers, 1083 14th St. The man was taken into custody without incident.
* A 25-year-old Boulder man was arrested for unlawful possession of a schedule I controlled substance, a class 3 felony, and possession of drug paraphernalia after officers were called to Wahoo’s Fish Tacos, 2790 Pearl St., on a report of two men in the bathroom with syringes. Officers contacted both men. One was in possession of syringes, a spoon and suspected heroin.
* Two Boulder men, ages 41 and 39, were arrested for brawling after officers were dispatched to the bandshell in Central Park at Broadway and Canyon Boulevard on a report of a fight in progress.
* Officers made several DUI and warrant arrests.