An infractions hearing will take place Wednesday, Nov. 7 to discuss the results of the CU student government fall election.
Preliminary results currently state that 29,687 students voted to elect the positions of Representatives-at-Large. Alexis Scobie, Nate Wallshein, Lauren Kuhn, Maddison Saavedra and Wesley Montag, all from the INSPIRE ticket, won with 2,024, 1,981, 1,964, 1,943 and 1,934 votes respectively.
However, there are only 29,278 students enrolled at CU, and the individual totals do not add up to the final count.
Infractions hearings are held at the request of CUSG candidates. Complaints from both tickets have been filed.
According to CUSG, specific information regarding the upcoming hearing has not been disclosed yet.
* The CU Independent originally reported the total number of voters as 29,687, according to the CUSG website. That is the number of eligible voters.
Contact CU Independent Breaking News Editor Annie Melton at Anne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CUSG spring election
- CUSG election week begins
- CUSG election results final
- INSPIRE ticket sweeps student government election
- A look into CU student government election week