It is the end of the semester, and that means that some fellow Buffaloes are graduating and leaving Boulder for new adventures. Before departing, there are a few things a Buff should do to ensure they have had a well-rounded college career.
Here’s a list of things every senior should have experienced during their time at CU Boulder, from outdoor activities to the fun nights out:
The first thing that seniors should do before leaving Boulder is hike to the Royal Arch, possibly to catch the sun rise as it is above. (CU Independent File/Amy Leder)
Hike the Royal Arch. Peer up into the great Colorado sky while getting a slight tan at this beautiful natural phenomenon.
- Tuesday Trike Night at the Dark Horse. Enjoy some friendly competition among your peers as you and your teammate try to get the best time and a prize. Also prepare for some entertainment provided by those wicked sharp corner turns.
- Farmers’ Market. Enjoy some delicious food from local producers while enjoying the Colorado sunshine.
- Ride the bull at Shooters Grill and Bar. Hang on tight to try not to fall off immediately, or prepare to be laughed at by all.
- Karaoke at the Outback Saloon on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. This bar is a great place for karaoke, with a dance floor in front of the stage and hula-hoops to play with. There is also a plethora of pool tables for those with stage fright.
- Friday night Bingo at the Dark Horse. Because everyone loves winning stuff and screaming “BINGO!” at the top of their lungs.
- Tubing on Boulder Creek. Yes, the water may be freezing, and you may get some cuts and bruises from the rocks as you graze past them in your tube, but it is well worth it. Please tube responsibly.
- Boulder Reservoir. There is no ocean nearby, so why not go to the reservoir and pretend you’re at the beach with some swimming, volleyball and lounging in the sand?
- Sumo-suit night at Shooters Grill and Bar. Every Thursday night, everyone gets the chance to gear up in a sumo-suit and wrestle their friends for some prizes. Be careful if you’re short though, because it may be hard to get back up.
- Trivia night at The Lazy Dog. Prove how many random, awesome facts you and your teammates know and how much that college education has paid off.
Enjoy your time in Boulder and smooth sailing, seniors!
Contact CU Independent Staff Writer Claudia Rebora at Claudia.email@example.com.
- Leaving with class
- Seniors leave their mark
- Leaving their mark
- 10 things to do before you graduate
- Are the best things in life still free?