Gear up for a new season of all the best shows
As if balancing school, work and a social life was not challenging enough, CU students have a wide array of new and returning TV shows to look forward to.
1. “South Park” – The acclaimed animated series from the minds of Trey Parker and Matt Stone returns on Oct. 8 for part two of their 12th season on Comedy Central. At this time, Comedy Central has not released the time of the season premiere.
2. “Heroes” – The heroes are put to the ultimate test when their wicked counterparts escape from Level Five and prey on them – and rest of the world. Which heroes will survive this attack? Find out when the show returns on Sept. 22 at 8 p.m. on NBC.
3. “Dancing with the Stars”- Olympians, Misty May-Treanor and Maurice Green compete against former *NSYNC member Lance Bass, TV icon Susan Lucci, Oscar winner Cloris Leachman and other stars for a chance to take home the show’s mirror-ball trophy when the show’s three night premiere begins on Sept. 22 at 7 p.m. on ABC.
4. “CSI: Miami”- Things continue to heat up for Horatio Caine and crew as the seventh season begins on Sept. 22 at 9 p.m. on CBS.
5. “The Simpsons” – For 19 years, Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie have been a part of American life and they begin their 20th season on Sept. 28 at 7 p.m. on Fox. They will continue their tradition of making viewers laugh through their mayhem and adventures.
6. “The Office” – When will Jim propose to Pam? Will Phyllis expose Dwight and Angela’s ‘private moment’ to the rest of the Dunder Mifflin staff? These questions and more will be answered as the fifth season begins on Sept. 25 with a full hour premiere on NBC at 8 p.m.
7. “Ugly Betty” – Betty and crew return for their third season and are filming where the show actually takes place- New York City. But whom will Betty choose to become her new boyfriend? Meanwhile, what does Wilhelmina have in store for Betty and the rest of the MODE crew? Find out when the show returns on Sept. 25 at 7 p.m. on ABC.
8. “The Amazing Race” – Join host Phil Keoghan and 11 new teams as they race around the world, competing for the $1,000,000 cash prize. Who will win? Find out on Sept. 28 at 7 p.m. when the show returns for it’s 13th amazing season on CBS.
9. “Family Guy” – The Griffin Family returns from their summer hiatus to continue what they do best: incorporating hilarious pop culture moments into their misadventures on Fox. Quahog reopens for business on Sept. 28 at 8 p.m.
10. “30 Rock” – Tina Fey’s comedy about what goes on behind the scenes of a comedy show, returns for a third season. This year the show has been nominated for 17 Primetime Emmys. Don’t miss when the all-star cast of TGS returns to the Peacock Network on Oct. 30 at 8:30 p.m.
11. “Worst Week” – Ever had a bad day and hope it never happens again? Be glad that you are not in the shoes of Sam Biggs, who faces the worst obstacles for not one day but for the rest of his week. This American take of the British comedy “The Worst Week of My Life” premieres on Sept. 22 at 8:30 p.m. only on CBS.
12. “Pushing Daisies” – This show stars Ned, a baker with the uncanny ability to bring back the dead with a single touch. Whom will he touch next? What consequences will he have with this power? Find out on Oct. 1 at 7 p.m. when the show returns for its second season on ABC.
13. “Knight Rider” – After a two decade long hiatus, intellectual car KITT now partners with its old owner’s estranged son, Mike Traceur. The show begins on Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. on NBC.
For more information about these selections and other shows, please visit the following websites:
Comedy Central: http://www.comedycentral.com
Contact CU Independent Staff Writer Jacob Elyachar at Jacob.Elyachar@colorado.edu