Dan Fatigato – Sports Editor – last week: 8-4, overall: 38-16
15) Rutgers 37, (3) Louisville 31 – The New Jersey powerhouse will do Ohio State, Michigan and the BCS a big favor in this upset special.
Iowa State 27, BUFFS 24 – Dan Hawkins said he wouldn’t use something negative like avoiding the Big 12 basement as motivation. Here’s betting Cyclones coach Dan McCarney will.
(5) Auburn 24, Georgia 7 – The Dawgs are just not good this year and the Tigers won’t slip up here.
(4) Texas 45, Kansas State 20 – Not only does Colt McCoy have the best possible name for a Texas quarterback, he’s put together a phenomenal rookie season.
(21) Oregon 33, (7) USC 28 – I see a late turnover doing the Trojans in here, as John David Booty and Co. kiss their slim title hopes goodbye.
(11) Arkansas 17, (13) Tennessee 15 – Here’s how not to deal with a tough loss: Get into a bar fight and get arrested for underage drinking. Several Vols make the whole team suffer.
South Carolina 24, (6) Florida 23 – As much as I hate Steve Spurrier, I hate his old team even more. If only they could somehow both lose.
(16) Wisconsin 17, Iowa 7 – Years ago at a Northwestern vs. Iowa game, my dad got into it with a Hawkeye fan, eventually telling him to go back to the cornfields and the guy nearly cried. I haven’t been able to pick Iowa ever since, it’s principle.
Florida State 27, (18) Wake Forest 21 – The darling Demon Deacons finally get knocked down a notch by a proud ‘Noles team that bounced back in a big way last week.
(17) Oklahoma 34, Texas Tech 31 – I’ve picked against the Sooners just about every week and they’ve burned me each time. I give in.
(24) Texas A&M 20, Nebraska 16 – Only Dennis Franchione’s idiot play calling (see: last week vs. OU) can stop the Aggies in this one.
(12) LSU 21, Alabama 10 – The Tigers are due for a letdown but I don’t see ‘Bama’s offense doing too much against that defense.
Stirling Wade – Sports Writer – last week: 9-3 overall: 32-22
(3) Louisville 28, (15) Rutgers 21- All those who are having trouble coping with the thought of Louisville playing in the BCS Championship game better adjust quickly.
Buffs 21, Iowa State 18- The Buffs send their seniors out on a good note.
(5) Auburn 24, Georgia 17- Georgia has been one of the biggest disappointments in the country
(4) Texas 35, Kansas State 10- I wonder if K-State QB Josh Freeman will notice a difference between the talent of Texas vs. that of CU?
(7) USC 35, (21) Oregon 31- The Trojans went three years before losing a Pac-10 game. I can’t pick them to lose back-to-back games in the conference.
(11) Arkansas 31, (13) Tennessee 27- Add three more players to Tennessee’s running tally of players that have had problems with the law in the past year.
(6) Florida 28, South Carolina 13- I’m not sure there is a more underappreciated player in the country than Chris Leak.
Iowa 21, (16) Wisconsin 17- The Hawkeyes have been another disappointment but Wisconsin hits a bump in the road here.
Florida State 24, (18) Wake Forest 21- I just can’t pick Wake Forest to win at FSU. I just can’t do it.
Oklahoma 27, Texas Tech 20- Oklahoma has been really impressive without Adrian Peterson.
Texas A&M 31, Nebraska 24- The Husker defense has been awful as of late.
(12) LSU 21, Alabama 6- Mike Shula’s under some heat.
Katie Hearsum – Sports Writer – last week: 8-4, overall: 26-18
(3) Louisville 35, (15) Rutgers 21 – Louisville’s high-powered offense will trample Rutgers on its run to secure first in the Big East and make the BCS Championship game.
BUFFS 17, Iowa State 10 – Last but not least, the Buffs are sure to pull off a win to put a positive end to a negative season.
(5) Auburn 28, Georgia 24 – These long-time rivals will meet in Auburn for the Tigers’ last home game of the season for a game that won’t be determined until the final seconds of play, but the Bulldogs won’t be able to score easily on the Auburn defense.
(4) Texas 35, Kansas State 17 – The Longhorns won’t allow K-State to trump their spot in the Big 12 championship game.
(7) USC 27, (21) Oregon 20 – USC should roll at home.
(13) Tennessee 17, (11) Arkansas 13 – As Arkansas tries to clinch the SEC East, Tennessee looks to play spoiler.
(6) Florida 28, South Carolina 10 – Spurrier’s return to Gainesville won’t stop the Gators from keeping their National Championship hopes alive.
(16) Wisconsin 24, Iowa 20 – Iowa’s disappointing season should continue this week.
Florida State 20, (18) Wake Forest 10 – Look for the Seminoles to spoil Wake Forest’s dream season.
(17) Oklahoma 35, Texas Tech 24 – The Sooners should continue to run over the opposition.
Nebraska 21, (24) Texas A&M 17 – Nebraska looks to wrap up the Big 12 North and clinch a birth in the title game
(12) LSU 31, Alabama 7 – JaMarcus Russell won’t let the Tigers have a hangover after last week’s emotional last-second victory.
Brian Beer – Sports Writer – last week: 9-3, overall: 29-13
(3) Louisville 31, (15) Rutgers 20- I really want to go with my home state team here, but I can’t pick a squad that hasn’t played a ranked opponent all year.
Iowa State 20, BUFFS 16- I said last week that I would never pick the Buffs again, and until Kordell Stewart returns to save the program, I’m sticking to that.
Auburn (5) 30, Georgia 10- Colossal disappointment Georgia just doesn’t have enough firepower to match up with the Tigers.
(7) USC 34, (21) Oregon 28- USC keeps title hopes alive in close game against conference rival.
(11) Arkansas 21, (13) Tennessee 13- Vols’ off-the-field behavior should provide a great example for anyone looking to improve their status as a respectful, conscientious citizen.
(6) Florida 28, South Carolina 20- My mom will be happy when her alma mater knocks off her old coach in this heated rivalry.
(16) Wisconsin 24, Iowa 10- Football is paramount up north in Wisconsin. Other than Miller products, it’s the main thing they have to take pride in.
(17) Oklahoma 31, Texas Tech 21- Allen Patrick will continue to fill in aptly for Adrian Peterson as the Sooners handle the Red Raiders in this Big 12 showdown.
Nebarska 23, (24) Texas A&M 20- My necessary upset of the week: With the Big 12 Conference championship game on the line, ‘Huskers won’t pass up golden opportunity to make a statement.
(12) LSU 27, Alabama 10- Tigers keep momentum from their victory last week to handle ‘Bama easily.
Dorian Lawson – Sports Writer – last week: 5-7, overall: 18-16
(3) Louisville 31, (15) Rutgers 17- Teams who are supposed to win have been losing on Thursday, and I think Louisville got lucky last week, but Rutgers?
BUFFS 14, Iowa State 7- Iowa State = not a win in the conference. I like our chances.
(5) Auburn 35, Georgia 10- Auburn should crush them.
(4) Texas 27, Kansas State 13- Let’s hope we have a quarterback like Colt McCoy waiting to take the field for us next year.
(7) USC 28, (21) Oregon 24 – Oregon is good, but losing two for USC is unacceptable.
(13) Tennessee 38, (11) Arkansas 20 – Tennessee will be airing it out and getting more points than Arkansas can muster.
(6) Florida 24, South Carolina 13 – Those wanting to win in Florida need a dominant back to rely on.
(16) Wisconsin 31, Iowa 14- Wisconsin runs over them.
(18) Wake Forest 27, Florida State 17- I’m happy when FSU is sad.
(17) Oklahoma 20, Texas Tech 13 – It’s funny, Peterson is still OU’s leading rusher and without him they’re still winning games.
Nebraska 27, Texas A&M 24- Close one here; Nebraska will be hurt but not beaten.
(12) LSU 21, Alabama 10 – Let’s hope an SEC team plays in the last game of the year, because teams like LSU don’t have a chance due to conference losses.
Scott Lasher – Football Beat Writer – last week: 7-4, overall: 31-22
(3) Louisville 35, (15) Rutgers 28- Louisville could finish the season undefeated and still miss the BCS title game. Playoff system anyone?
Iowa State 17, BUFFS 10- This has been such a disappointing season for the Buffs, but Dan Hawkins could still probably get voted in as mayor of Boulder thanks to his never-ending flow of optimism.
(5) Auburn 45, Georgia 17- Whoever wins the SEC Championship will most likely play for the national championship. Auburn continues its rebound from that Arkansas mess with a win here.
(4) Texas 30, Kansas State 14- It would have been fun to see how bad the Longhorns would have beaten the Buffs this season. 70-3 might have made people nostalgic.
(21) Oregon 34, (7) USC 31- Rather than seeing birdies spin around its collective head, the Trojans will be seeing Beavers and Ducks after this one.
(11) Arkansas 21, (13) Tennessee 17- Arkansas’s SEC title hopes stay alive, surprise, surprise.
(6) Florida 38, South Carolina 13- Steve Spurrier will figure out the hard way exactly why they call Gainesville “The Swamp.”
(16) Wisconsin 24, Iowa 23- The Badgers sneak it out in a barnburner, and no, it won’t be because Iowa fans’ homes are set on fire.
(18) Wake Forest 20, Florida State 13- Bobby Bowden may want to take a look at his birth certificate after this season.
(17) Oklahoma 33, Texas Tech 28- I’m still trying to figure out how the Buffs beat Tech. Wow.
(24) Texas A&M 31, Nebraska 23- If this one was played anywhere but Kyle Field, flip the score, but the Aggies are just too good at home.
(12) LSU 24, Alabama 0- Tigers run away with this one.
Kyle McDaniel – Sports Writer – last week: 6-6, overall: 35-19
(3) Louisville 28, (15) Rutgers 14- Louisville impressed me last week, so I’ll take them against Rutgers.
Iowa State 28, BUFFS 13- I stopped picking the Buffs after last week’s loss. Even though this is the last home game at Folsom for the seniors, I’ll take Iowa State.
(5) Auburn 35, Georgia 14- Auburn is going to dominate this game. What a disappointing year for Georgia.
(4) Texas 35, Kansas State 10- Texas is too good to lose down the stretch here to Kansas State.
(7) USC 28, (21) Oregon 24- This is going to be close. I almost want to pick Oregon, but I’ll go with USC.
(11) Arkansas 20, (13) Tennessee 13- Expect the defenses to show up in this one.
(6) Florida 21, South Carolina 20- The Gators will win this game, but South Carolina will put up a fight.
(16) Wisconsin 28, Iowa 20- Wisconsin is having a great year, and they should take this game easily.
(18) Wake Forest 24, Florida State 20- Who saw this coming at the beginning of the year? Wake Forest over Florida State?
(17) Oklahoma 28, Texas Tech 17- I though Oklahoma was done for, but they keep on rolling.
(24) Texas A&M 20, Nebraska 17- I said I wouldn’t pick Nebraska again this year, I wasn’t kidding.
(12) LSU 20, Alabama 13- Look for that strong LSU defense to win this one for the Tigers.