CUIndependent.com encourages an open exchange of opinions on our stories, and we consider it an important element of the user experience. We invite you to comment on our content as part of our interactive community. CUIndependent.com asks that commenters use their real name or initials with a valid e-mail address when posting a comment. E-mail addresses will not be viewable or accessible to anyone who visits the site. This helps us to ensure accountability by our users. Users who post with a fake e-mail address will have their comments deleted by the site staff, and may be banned from commenting again.
Grounds for comment removal:
- Comments with obscenities, profanity, or yelling in print.
- Comments with hate speech, stereotypes, racial slurs and intimidation.
- Comments with personal attacks, or threats against any CU Independent staff members or other individuals.
- Comments containing advertisements or promotional material.
Comments posted under false identities.
Guidelines for acceptable commenting:
- Stay on topic, respond to content in the article.
- Respond to comments left by other readers.
- Stay brief and to-the-point.
- Keep a positive/constructive tone
- Be open to being contradicted by other readers.
- Disagree with the content in the article, but never insult the writer of the article or other commenters.
Editing of comments:
The CUIndependent.com reserves the right to remove any user-generated comments. However, these removals will be made only to comply with the aforementioned comments standards. CUIndependent.com will not remove a published comment upon request of the author; however commenters are encouraged to make amendments to old comments for the sake of clarity and accuracy. Users are responsible for what they post on the website, and the CUIndependent.com is not responsible for comments posted on its site.