Every year students and visitors gather on Norlin Quad to smoke marijuana and celebrate 4/20. However, this year, in an attempt to end the annual celebration, CU administration has made the public campus private and promises to take various measures to prevent the gathering.
These include checking student identification when entering campus, spreading a fish-based fertilizer on Norlin Quad and threatening a trespassing violation if you step on to the grassy areas of the quad.
The following photos chronicle the CU Boulder campus from 4:20 a.m. to 4:20 p.m. in an attempt to share visual representations of the events that transpire in near real-time.
- 4/20 at CU marked by past pattern of defiance, tradition
- Photos: Slackline competition
- Five students issued summonses for vandalizing Norlin Quad
- 4/20: Blowing the buffalo reputation
- Photos: Take Back Our Campus protest