With the proper Super Bowl party, even people who don’t follow football can be entertained for the big game.
This Sunday the nation will gather in front of their televisions for the most watched sporting event of the year: Super Bowl XLV between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Although some may think the commercials are better than the game food, drink and friends will make it a good time for football lovers and commercial viewers alike. Here are some tips to help you plan the best bowl party on the block.
1. Find a friend with a big TV: While the 17 inch TV at your place might be practical, the only way to watch the Super Bowl game is on a 60 inch high definition TV. Go big or go home.
2. Decorate: Deck out your place with the colors of the team you’re supporting. Or if you can’t decide, decorate one half of the room for the Packers and the other half for the Steelers so everyone can be happy.
3. Gather some chairs: Go for comfort and convenience! Bean bags and lawn chairs are helpful additions to the couch.
4. Order lots of food: Get some classic football watching snacks like Buffalo wings and sub sandwiches. Also, make sure to whip up a batch of chili and have plenty of chips and dip. Check out a recipe website for recipes.
5. For the 21-and-up crowd, get some drinks: Nothing is better than watching football with a beer in hand. Be sure to stock up and find a recipe for a tasty mixed drink for people who don’t like a nice brew. Go to sites like mixologyguide.com for a list of great recipes.
6. Play a game: Have everyone pitch $5 or $10 and place bets. Try to predict who win or what the sum of the last digits of the halftime score and/or final score will be. Set up a grid numbered zero through nine across the top and side. Each person pays for as many spaces as they want. At the end of the game whoever gets the last digits of each teams’ score right, gets the cash.
Contact CU Independent Staff Writer Danni Goodmann at Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New York not a Giant underdog in Super Bowl
- Throwing the perfect Super Bowl Sunday bash
- Buffs Independence Bowl bound
- Super Tuesday looms super important for student voters
- Fiesta Bowl champs coming to Boulder