Crews are now cleaning up the remains of a small wildfire that started early this morning.
According to Sgt. Troy Wolf’s office at the Boulder County Sheriff’s office, at exactly 2:42 a.m. this morning, Boulder Fire Dispatch was notified of a fire in the area of Peewink Mountain.
The office reported that 10 crews were called to the scene, fully containing the fire by 6 a.m. The fire, never reaching an acre in size, was not a threat to any nearby structures.
According to Boulder dispatch, the fire is currently in “mop-up stage,” meaning the fire is contained and the crews are cleaning up the remains.
Contact CU Independent Staff Writer Rachel Hersch at Rachel.email@example.com.
- Fire at Boulder High School
- Fire alarm sparks momentary panic at Wardenburg
- Boulder Dome fire almost contained
- Fire alarm at Center for Community goes off
- Some progress in Boulder Fourmile Canyon Fire