Jon Embree is scheduled to be presented as the 24th full-time head coach of the University of Colorado football team.
A press conference is scheduled for Monday at Folsom Field Stadium Club at 10 a.m. At the conference, the hiring of 45-year-old Embree will formally be announced.
A former player for the CU football team, Embree departs his current position as a tight end coach with the Washington Redskins. He will be CU’s first African-American head coach.
Eric Bieniemy, another former Buffalo who currently works as a running back coach for the Minnesota Vikings, is slated to join Embree’s coaching staff as offensive coordinator, according to the Denver Post.
CU relieved former head coach Dan Hawkins from his duties on Nov. 9.
Contact CU Independent Sports Editor Esteban L. Hernandez at Esteban.email@example.com.
- Committee members to find new CU head coach named
- Lappe named new head coach
- Bohn: “We have not yet offered the job to any candidate”
- CU's new men's head golf coach prepared to tee off this season.
- CU Buffs football coach Dan Hawkins to be fired