OSU’s Laurinaitis walks away with 2007 Butkus Award
Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis won the Butkus Award on Friday, beating out CU’s Jordon Dizon and Penn State’s Dan Connor.
The award was Laurinaitis’ first this season. He was a runner-up to Butkus finalist Connor for the Bednarik Award for the best defensive player on Thursday. He was runner-up for the Lombardi Award as well, which goes to the best lineman or linebacker.
Last season, the linebacker won the Nagurski Award for best defensive player. He was a finalist for the Butkus and Bednarik awards.
Laurinaitis and Ohio State will play in the BCS Championship Game on Jan. 7 in New Orleans.
Contact Campus Press Staff Writer Margot Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dizon earns Big 12 defensive honor
- Dizon named Butkus Award finalist
- Dizon named semifinalist for Butkus Award
- Butkus announcement coming today
- CU linebacker pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault