Third highest fall voter turnout in UCSU history
CU has five new UCSU Representatives at Large. All five members of the ACTION ticket – Chance Heath, Molly Manweiler, Blaine M. Pellicore, Lauren Swisher and Ryan Weiss – were elected after the polls closed Friday night.
The votes were close with Medhat Ahmed, a member of the RiSE ticket, trailing behind Blaine M. Pellicore by just two votes.
Approximately 11 percent of the student population – 3,002 students – voted in the fall election. Election Commissioner Sean Daly’s goal for the number of students voting in the election was 20 percent of the student population. The turnout was 9 percent less of his goal, and 4 percent less than the expected voter turnout percentage.
However, this is the third highest fall voter turnout rate in UCSU history. It is also the highest number of student voters since 1990.
Contact Campus Press Staff Writer Julie Ryan at Julie.email@example.com.
- Facing student apathy, UCSU looks to increase Fall election voter turnout
- First day of UCSU election leaves election officials hopeful
- UCSU looking to increase voter turnout
- Rules of the race – The ins and outs of CU's election code
- The candidates – An in-depth look at the election hopefuls