Gas leak suspected, nothing found
Wardenburg Health Center was temporarily evacuated around 2:30 p.m. Monday afternoon after an employee detected an unusual smell thought to be natural gas.
The fire department was called and arrived promptly within five minutes. Students and staff were kept outside for around half an hour while fire crews searched the building.
“Whenever we feel that there’s a potential threat to patients and staff we evacuate the building and let the fire department investigate,” Julie Artist, Wardenburg’s safety officer said.
The fire department could not find the source of the odor as it dissipated too rapidly to locate. At 3:00 p.m. the fire department concluded their investigation and patients and staff were allowed to re-enter the building.
“Everyone went back to business as usual,” Artist said.
Contact Campus Press Staff Writer Rob Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- False alarm prompts dorm evacuation
- Fire breaks out on the Hill
- Fire simulations give a whole new meaning to the phrase stop, drop and roll
- Juggling sparks interest at CU
- Fire training center, environment regulation taxes not well received by all