This week in crime: Pearl Street fights and dorm mischief prevail
- A 42-year-old Gunbarrel woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of a schedule I controlled substance (suspected cocaine), two counts of possession of a schedule II controlled substance (suspected Xanax and Oxycodone), possession of a schedule IV controlled substance (suspected Valium) and possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic contact in the 1300 block of Euclid Avenue. Her companion in the vehicle, a 50-year-old Boulder man, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a schedule I controlled substance (suspected heroin), two counts of possession of a schedule II controlled substance (suspected Cocaine and Oxycodone), possession of schedule IV controlled substance (suspected Valium), tampering with physical evidence, obstructing government operations and DUI/DUID.
- A 23-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault on an officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct after police were flagged down for a disturbance in the area of 11th and Pearl streets. Officers observed a male restraining the woman from assaulting other people. The woman was uncooperative when police tried to contact her, and witnesses reported that the woman had been attempting to start several fights with other people.
- A 15-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence-related second-degree kidnapping, false imprisonment, driving under revocation and leaving the scene of an accident after officers received a report of a vehicle that had struck a brick wall in the area of 19th and Goss streets. Officers believe the young man had confronted his ex-girlfriend as she got off work and forced her into the vehicle, which he then proceeded to drive around. The victim reported that the suspect struck the brick wall in his haste to leave the area as she began screaming for help.
- Criminal mischief at Farrand Hall was reported. Someone broke in to a display case in the lobby and smashed one of the pictures inside. There are no suspects.
- Criminal mischief at Brackett Hall was reported. A bottle of water was thrown through a window, shattering it. There were no injuries and there are no suspects.
- An incident involving assault, resisting arrest, underage possession/consumption of alcohol and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia occurred at the Stearns East dorm. An officer in plain clothes contacted a suspicious male outside of a room. The officer asked the male for identification after smelling alcohol on him. The male had no identification or any apparent affiliation with the university. The male then pushed the officer and began running away after scraping the officer’s forearm. The suspect eluded the officer, and there are leads.
- The Week in Crime: CUPD deals with its fair share of thieves; Boulder police find hardcore drugs
- This week in crime: Burning and burgling in Boulder
- This Week in Crime: Students threaten custodian with 'flame thrower'
- This Week in Crime: Playing with scissors
- This week in crime: No silent night on Easter