As initial reports of precint ballots began coming in, attendees to the Democratic party roared in approval. With five percent of the precincts calling in, Bill Ritter is leading opponent Bob Beauprez 58 to 42 percent in the race for the governor’s post, Secretary of State candidate Ken Gordon is trailing Republican Mike Coffman 53 to 47 percent, and for the seventh congressional district, Ed Perlmutter is leading Rick O’Donnell 56 to 42 percent.
To control the Senate, the Democrats need only to take three seats, while to control the House, they must win 11 seats.
“Isn’t it nice to see the Democrats on track to take the House of Representatives?” said committee member Pat Rock.
Cassie Hewlings, Campus Press Reporter
- Candidate profile: CU alumnus and congressional candidate Ed Perlmutter
- Clinton comes to town to campaign for dems
- Democratic convention blog
- CP exit polls – Dems getting the student vote
- CP exit polls – Students want weed